Friday 2 December 2011

Suspense Writing

I lost my way in the fog. The forest smelt like fresh mud. I was scared. The cold wind blew out of my mind. The wind whispered to my ears. My heart was beating like music. There was no help. I shouted “help.” I thought I heard a reply but it was my echo. I think I scared a fox. I saw a pale white man. I thought it was a ghost .

I ran like a cheetah. I realised I was running in circles. I saw my mum but it was a little tree. This could be end of my life.

By Zaheem



The wind blew in my face like a tornado. The fog was pitch black. As I tip toed through the forest I could hear the wolves crackling the leaves. The dark trees were dark like the night sky. I walked into them. The hair stood up at the back of my head. I was scared. Scared out of my skin. Would I live or would I die? I heard the call of the wolf howl. I ran fast. Fast as the wind. Finally I saw a bright light so I followed it. I shouted for help but nobody answered.

By Zarina


As I wondered through the dark forest I stopped. I could hear a wolf in the shinning moon. I rushed through the pith black fog. I lost the path. I was scared. I stood still. Nothing was there. I stared towards the swamp. It was as green as goo. Suddenly a hungry crocodile looked at me. I screamed. Save me! Save me! No reply. There was no hope. I would surely die.

I ran turned away. I was crept through the the broken leaves. Wolves and foxes jumped at me. They looked hungry. They ran. There was a tree with eyes. Suddenly there were hundreds of eyes looking. I couldn't see anything. I was terrified. Was this the end?

By Taran


I could feel the spooky fog jumping up on me, as I was going to die. It was like a death trap. The scary house was old and abandoned. As I stepped outside the old, abandoned house it felt as though someone was behind me.......... I hoped someone would find me. The sound of the howling of the wind, or possibly a warewolf, sent shivers down my neck shaking my spine. I was scared. Scared out of my mind.

The cold wind brushed me out off my feet. I was terriiefied. The bright, shining moon glistened like silver in the cold, scary black sky. The trees were breaking there knuckles, snap, snap, snap. The wind was like an howling ghost scenting me and homing in on me. When I walked the ground felt like quick sand. I saw something. I thought it was my teddy. Mr. Teds. I walked towards him. I found out it was just a jumble of leaves. An optical illusion. I was alone once again. I was not happy. My heart was beating faster than usual. My hands started to shiver. I needed to faint. Crunch, crunch, crunch the leaves went. Something was behind me. I knew it. The smell of dampness slivered through my nose. 

By Samantha


6 comments:

  1. Well done every one for your fantastic work. They are all more than verry good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really enjoyed reading this work - I wish I was this good at your age! The imagery is fantastic and I could feel my heart race as I read through the paragraphs. It's the first time I've looked at the blog (I'm Ranjit - Samantha's Uncle), but this has certainly whetted my appetite. Will take a look at your archive and add more comments. Keep up the good work everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words. It's great to see family members commenting. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. GOOD WRITING FROM YOUR CLASS Mr B

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it's good. Better than good, in fact excellent! I sneaked some of your class ideas in my suspense writing assessment. I got a 4a. I'm a girl from Holy Souls school, I'm in year 5

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad this work has helped you, Well done on getting a 4a, Keep up the good work.

      Delete