Friday 2 December 2011

Suspense Writing

I was scared. Scared out of my skin. My feet were trembling in the dark, scary wind. The smell of dead animals smelt like toxic waste. I fear death. I thought I was going to die. The pitch black sky was like it was roaring like a tiger. I thought someone was coming to get me. Why didn’t I follow the instruction? The sign said KEEP OUT. Now I’m here in fear of my life.

I could see my dog parker. I ran but as I got closer my mistake became clear. It was only a shadow of a tree, a scary tree. I smelt a sense of fear. My dream would never come true. There was no hope of leaving this horrid place. Fear shivered down my spine. I wanted to go home but there was no escape from this dark, lonely haunted place. 

By Leah


One dark night my first foot step touched the creepy pitch black forest. It smelled of a Dead Animal. I saw the icy dark trees. I was scared out of my skin I didn’t know my way back. The wind sounded like a wolf. I ran as fast as i could but I just noticed that I as going in circles . The wind blew my hair. I cried more than ever. I was terrified. I heard a wolf behind me. The leaves were cracking. I saw an old church. It looked like a Haunted house. There was a grave yard. I saw shadows dancing. I was scared to death.

By Kian




While I was rushing through the dark forest I heard a spooky noise. The icy wind blew on my face as quick as a fast animal. Would I die or live? As I tip toed through the spooky forest I heard a wolf crackling the leaves on his way towards me. The dark sky nights full with fog. The hairs on my back stood up. The glowing moon shone upon me. I saw a scary abandoned house.

I saw my white dog roaring at me. I approached as fast as a cheetah but it was not my dog. It was my ball. Bouncing up and down.

By Karina


As I walked through the growing maze I looked back at the glowing yellow moon. Eyes watching every move I make. It was a full moon. The wolves howled in the wind. I was stunned. Stunned with fear as the wind whispered beware! I tried to run but there was no where to go. I heard the trees rustling their fingers in the icy wind. I heard a rattling sound. It was coming from the bushes. I was trapped, scared and terrified. I was terrified of the spell of death upon my soul. The bats flew past as fast as lightning. I saw foot prints. I saw big bear's foot steps. My heart was pounding like a million drums. The wind roared like bears. Would I live or would I die? Would I suffer? I screamed |”HELP!” But no one replied.

By Jenice              



As I fled through the forest my claustrophobia was getting worse. The shivers went down my spine. I stopped and stared as the sound of the wind whistled like a howling ghost. Taunting me and homing in on me. The crystal Moon shone in the silhouette sky. Again the ghostly wind howled. The wind blew like a hurricane. The icy wind cracked its fingers and spoke to me saying beware. I was scared. Scared out of my skin. Would I survive or would I die?. My heart was beating like a drum. The scary shadows cast by trees made me feel like someone or something was watching me. The fog was like a big, fat cloud on earth. I could smell the dead carcases on the floor. The carcases smelled like Toxic waste. Could somebody save me? Nothing could save me.

I was still searching in the black forest. It felt like 1000 eyes were watching me. I was searching the darkness for a safe house, for a telephone. I saw something. A house it had to be. It had to be. I quickly rushed, it seemed so near to me it was mostly black. I walked to it. I tried to open it. The door handle was wobbly. It walked to it. It was a picture! I was trapped. It was a trap.

By Jayden

1 comment:

  1. the story 'alone in the dark' is excellent! leah has excellent descriptions and the way she cuts sentences down for instance from 'a' scary wind to just scary wind is mature and adds emphasis to her work keep it up child!!!! well done!!

    ReplyDelete