Thursday 4 November 2010

The Visitor

In Literacy we have been looking a narrative poems. Children have been writing their own poems based on the The Visitor by Ian Serraillier. Here is Hannah's excellent work.

In the dark horrifying woods,
On the ground there were leaves and stone,
A man walking, late and alone.

He saw a ghost on the ground,
Around its wrist a golden bracelet he found.

He ran home and gave the bracelet to his wife,
She yelled “It’s the loveliest thing I’ve in my life.”

“Thank you my dear” she happily said,
She put it on and went to bed.

Midnight they woke, and sat up in bed,
“Give me my bracelet!” a scary voice said.

“What was that, Jonathon? What did it say?”
Don’t worry, my dear. It’ll soon go away.”

“I’m reaching you now! I’m climbing on your bed,”
The wife covered the sheet right over her head.

 It was torn off right from her wrist and tossed in the air,
“I’ll drag you out of  bed by a string of hair!”

“What was that, Jonathan? What did say?”
“Throw the bracelet through the window! JUST THROW IT away!”

She threw it. The skeleton jumped out the window with haste,
After the bracelet the skeleton chased.

The woman watched  from the window still ,
Fainter...and fainter...then all was still.

2 comments:

  1. I love it. It really drew me in and I felt scared reading it.

    ReplyDelete